The FCC is phasing out POTS lines by the year 2027.
POTS LINE REPLACEMENT
UPGRADING TO THE NEXT GENERATION IN TECHNOLOGY
You can now utilize 4G LTE and 5G to connect alarm panels, fax lines, VoiP desk phones and any other analog system requiring plain old telephone service to the next generation in technology with universal compatibility.
Converge IoT partners with the leader in mobility systems with emphasis in VoLTE and VoIP, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and 5GNR LTE cellular technologies. Countless companies are starting to explore IoT and the many possibilities that are associated with this innovative step in technology. The digital universe is expanding, and no longer do you need a human manning all business aspects to save you money. IoT is connecting millions of “unconnected things” to the Internet, allowing you to track and analyze data that wasn’t available before.
By combining best practices, methodologies, and tools with an industry know-how, our experienced partners help clients design, develop and deploy technological innovations for better business.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US:
RELATED SOLUTIONS & HARDWARE:
Signal Boosters and Antennas
POTS REPLACEMENT SOLUTIONS AND CASE STUDIES
LTE VOICE AND DATA GATEWAY ADAPTER FOR LIFE SAFETY AND EMERGENCY SYSTEMS
• Connect your adapter to any alarm panel, elevator, emergency phone, HVAC, fax, VoIP, or SCADA system, and start communicating with first responders instantly.
• Keep your current alarm panels, elevators, SCADA, HVAC systems, and monitoring company while connecting to the next-generation technology using a variety of physical interfaces and cloud platforms.
• Your equipment will be connected to the best LTE networks available.
• Your alarm panels, elevators, and other systems will connect using the dial tone and process the connection just like on telephone service. No additional programming is required.
LTE EXECUTIVE DESK PHONE
• 4G fixed wireless phone supports VoLTE and HD voice calls.
• Uses a 4.3-inch, 480 × 272 resolution and multi-touch screen.
• Supports 2.4G WIFI connections with Bluetooth for different office situations.
• Excellent hardware echo suppression and noise reduction effect.
• Supports standard SIP2.0 protocol and can be compatible with mainstream soft exchange, IMS, and IPPBX systems in the market, as well as mainstream SIP protocol and video terminals.
PUBLIC SECTOR CASE STUDY
About Client: Client is Michigan’s largest public education system with 53,406 students enrolled.
Challenges: The community school district has 28,100 active units, but the copper lines that provide life-saving emergency communications to the school’s fire alarms, elevators, and security systems are being discontinued. The FCC has ordered that all POTS lines be replaced by 2022.
Equipment/Software: Manley Solutions MS130v4 LTE voice adapter.
Solution Highlights: Manley Solutions became engaged in this project through the partner program. Key buying factors for this project included ease of deployment – plug and play dial tone, cost savings (estimated telecom spend reduced as 72%), future proof technology – VoLTE, and easy procurement – GSA and state contract approved.
Manley Solutions’ LTE voice adapter provides dial-tone over T-Mobile’s LTE network to analog systems used by the Client. The MS130v4 LTE voice adapter was a low cost, reliable solution that has a built-in battery for failover if the power goes out.
Results Highlights: Client was made aware of this POTS to LTE solution as part of an email campaign. The timing was perfect as Client was starting to look for solutions to the impending POTS lines shutdown. A relatively short time later, Client moved forward with a lease contract with Manley Solutions and services activated on T-Mobile’s network. The implementation started and is now nearly 800 lines of POTS alarm service being converted to T-Mobile LTE.